Energy Saving Advice
- Turn off the tap while cleaning teeth. You can save up to 5 liters every time.
- Lined curtains or heavier full length curtains can provide excellent insulation. However, always ensure that the curtains do not drape over the radiators.
- Use energy saving light bulbs, these last up to eight times longer than a normal light bulb and only use 1/5 of the energy
- Only boil the amount of water you really need
- Don’t leave appliances on standby, turn off at the mains. The UK spends an extra 2 million pounds on energy bills every year because we leave things on standby when we go on our holidays!!
- Insulate the loft, you can lose 1/4 of your homes heat through the roof
- Insulate the walls, you will lose 1/3 of heat through the walls
- Reduce the room thermostat by 1’c, you can save 10% this way.